August 6, 2012

Chewy Brownies that You Won't Want to Share!

It is very important to me that my brownies are chewy. Very chewy. We takes our sweets seriously around here and this is our favorite, chewy brownie recipe! In fact, we've never had better! It reminds me of back in the day when I used to buy Ghirardelli's brownie mix because it was the only chewy brownie out there. Homemade brownies would never cut it, but not anymore!  I mean, how can you go wrong when you mix chocolate chips with peanut and almond butter? You won't be able to stop eating these!


Chewy Almond Butter Brownies


1/2 c. Almond Butter
1/2 c.Natural Peanut Butter
1 egg
1/2 c. Honey
 1/4 c. Cocoa Powder
1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 - 1 c. Chocolate Chips (depending on your sweet tooth!)

The way in which these are baked is very important. I have made these over and over to perfect the chewy aspect of brownies. So follow carefully!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together all ingredients in a mixer. Grease 8 x 8 glass baking dish with coconut oil or butter. Make sure to grease well. (I am not sure how an aluminum or stainless pan will turn out.)  

Now this is important: After spooning batter into pan, scrape most of the batter to the middle to make it look like a hill. Most of the batter need to be in the middle of the glass dish. If you do not do this, the batter will rise up the side and it will be uneven and dry. (who knows why it does this, but I have had success with the hilltop brownies!) They come out very even and chewy.

Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool and enjoy with a glass of raw milk!



"The cross is the greatest gift God could bestow on His Elect on earth.  There is nothing so necessary, so beneficial, so sweet, or so glorious as to suffer something for Jesus. If you suffer as you ought, the cross will become a precious yoke that Jesus will carry with you."
        -  St. Louis de Montfort

Linking up at Fill Those Jars Friday Pennywise Platter, Simple Lives Thursday and  Real Food Wednesday.

13 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a good brownie recipe without sugar. I'll give this a try today!
    Have you ever tried doubling the recipe and making it in a 9x13 glass pan? Do you think it would work?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would work! Just make sure to put all the batter in the middle!

      Delete
    2. It worked great! I think I put the batter in too high of a mountain in the middle, because it didn't quite spread to the edges, but that's an easy fix. These brownies were a huge hit with my church group, most of whom had no idea how healthy they were! :-) Thanks for the fabulous recipe. It's in my regular rotation now. :-)

      Delete
  2. These look amazing! I'm currently having to take a break from nuts or I would totally go make these right now. Hopefully I can try them out soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing! I'm currently having to take a break from nuts or I would totally go make these right now. Hopefully I can try them out soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I apparently published that last comment twice. Oops!

    I just launched a new real food blog carnival called Fill Those Jars Friday. I'd love to have you come stop by and share this on it: http://toomanyjarsinmykitchen.com/2012/08/10/fill-those-jars-friday-august-10-2012/

    See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi...will putting the batter in the middle of the pan in the hill like fashion make the brownies flat in the end? don't know why but I bake at 325 but my brownies rise up the middle and I hate that. ..thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do they rise up the middle or sides? Mine rose up the sides when I didn't put all the batter in the middle. Once I did that they baked evenly and flat. If it rises up the middle I would try putting the batter flat into the pan and see what happens. I hope it works out for you!

      Delete
    2. Hi,

      I bake in a glass pan and I grease with butter on bottom and sides and it always rise in the middle which is weird because that's the issue you don't have since yours rise on the sides. And I always make sure to make it flat as possible and at the end there's always that bump.

      I wish my brownies rise on the sides like yours. And I use Ghirardelli's brownie mix also.

      Delete
  6. Glad I found you - can't wait to try these :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog! These look awesome. Would I be able to make them with all almond butter instead of peanut butter? I think i'll try them tomorrow! YUM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can definitely make them with just almond butter! Let me know how they taste!

      Delete
  8. I'm making these tomorrow fingers crossed they turn out :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...