A few years back I bought my first essential oils - Lavender being one of them. I still don't use many oils, but we sure use this one!
I feel as if the uses are endless! Its an antidepressant, analgesic, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and the list goes on! Its also a sedative and regenerative, so it relaxes you while renewing your mind!
It's our go to antiseptic. If you have Lavender oil in your medicine cabinet you can say goodbye to neosporin, rubbing alcohol or anything else you might use. It takes care of it all!
It helps your wounds or burns heal faster and makes you smell great at the same time!
As soon as I get a burn, cut or the kids scrape their knees I grab the Lavender oil and put a few drops directly on the wound. It wards off infection, especially if you keep putting oil on the wound every few days. It also works great for diaper rashes, yeast rashes and eczema. I can't sing it's praises enough!
At the moment I have the jar open sitting on my desk so I can smell it and relaaaaax. My husband has been working late hours and there is nothing relaxing about two toddlers in the evening! Thank you Lord for your providential care in giving us Lavender!
All the ways we have used Lavender essential oil:
- Put directly on wounds, rashes and burns.
- Added to jojoba and almond oil for massages and oiling up after the shower.
- Added to the kids bath along with oatmeal to relax their minds and soothe their skin.
- Put a few drops on my daughter's pillow to help her fall asleep. I did this for myself once and it really works!
- Put directly on my son's yeast rash - it cleared up very fast.
- Used a simple candle diffuser to make the house smell like Lavender.
- Simply opened the jar to get some stress relief!! (I do this often)
Have you tried Lavender oil? What do you use it for? Have a blessed day!
Linking up at Fight Back Fridays