July 5, 2012

7 Quick Takes

Check out Jennifer's Blog here!

---- 1 ----


It was a long week over here. Everything seemed to go wrong. My children were more difficult than usual, my patience shorter and I was down right exhausted! What got me through this week? Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. I made myself go, I know it was the graces I received that got me through the week. That and the rosary. It's very hard to make the time to pray, but it does wonders in my life!



---- 2 ----


My dear friend Kate wrote a wonderful post for ladies on her blog, check it out! My family also featured our first guest post. Learning to Love, A Story of Hope. If you take the time, it's worth reading and pondering. 

---- 3 ----


What did you cook for the 4th of July? Holidays are always fun to try new recipes! I cooked nothing. nothing! It's a long story but I feel pretty silly. That being said, this is what I wanted to make. Doesn't it look amazing? Please let me know if you attempt the recipe, I would love to know how it taste!

Berry Tart

---- 4 ----


Lately I have been lurking over at Betty Beguiles, a lovely mom blog. This week she wrote a free e-book on Stay at Home Date Night Ideas. Her ideas are great! It's the little things we start to neglect when we are busy or tired, like having fun with your spouse! Thank you, Hallie!

---- 5 ----


Want some more serious health reading? This article on caffeine is really interesting. I LOVE my tea. I can barely get through the whole article because right now I need my caffeine!  I know I feel better off caffeine, but it's so wonderful at the same time! Do you drink it?

---- 6 ----


Check out my super simple summer smoothie recipe. 2 ingredients. We don't get very complicated over here, I mean we couldn't even manage to make something fun on the 4th!

---- 7 ----


This is about where I'm at right now:



I know it will get easier when the children are older . . . but man it's tough! My mother had six children in six years so I have nothing to complain about . . . but, but, but . . . I still do.

I can't wait till their naps during the day but I miss them when they sleep at night. This vocation rocks and I know it will get me to heaven!



"To maintain a joyful family requires much from both the parents and the children. Each member of the family has to become, in a special way, the servant of the others." - Blessed John Paul II

5 comments:

  1. #7: i only have one and i'm not sure where my brain is these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do we lose a little bit of brain giving birth? Im starting to think so!

      Delete
  2. That berry tart looks amazing! I hope next week is a little easier on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am convinced we DO lose some of our brains with each child, but it gets easier to deal with, especially as they get a little older :) There are always those off days, but it's the only way we can appreciate the good ones! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha . Wait till you have 3. Then instead of humming to your self in the corner . you find that the background music in your head is the theme song from Peter and the Wolf and you are actually starting to like it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...