July 9, 2012

Chewy Almond Flour Cookies!

We love these cookies! In the past my almond flour cookies have come out flat, but not these babies! They are chewy and truly gooey. 

For those who have dietary restrictions: They are gluten free, grain free, dairy free and low sugar. If you replaced the chocolate chips with raisins they would be really healthy!


Chewy Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies 


2 1/2 cups almond meal. I used Trader Joe's.
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup coconut oil - in a solid state
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup honey
1 cup of chocolate chips, raisins, cranberries, whatever you like!

1. In a seperate bowl mix the dry ingredients - almond meal, salt and baking soda.
2. Whip your solid coconut oil. (since it's summer I had to refrigerate the oil ahead of time until it was solid.) You want the consistency of whipped butter.  Add your egg, vanilla and honey.
3. Add dry ingredients and chocolate chips.
4. Scoop big balls onto greased pan, bake at 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes. 
5. Cool completely before eating. I refrigerated mine until they were cold. They might be too crumbly otherwise. Enjoy!!



This recipe is so easy your toddler can do half some of it! (provided you like messes!) 

And your baby can happily watch!

We baked these before we went to the river beach, and enjoyed them when we got home. My husband loved them!








"More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance,
and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not disappoint us, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit which has been given to us." - Romans 5 3:-5


8 comments:

  1. Do you think it would work with a chia or flax "egg" substitute? I have a little guy who is not yet able to tolerate eggs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would definitely be worth a try! Since there is only one egg in the recipe you could get away with it, I bet. :)

      Delete
    2. btw, I just tried them with a flax "egg" and it turned out.
      thanks again for the recipe

      Delete
  2. I just want to say thank you!!! I made these the other day and they are quite delicious! I made them with mini chips and I realized I just don't like mini chips because the chocolate gets lost (they didn't work in the other recipe either) I can't wait to make them again with "real" chips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed them! I agree, mini chips are just too mini! We looove them with chocolate, although I think I will try them with raisins and chopped walnuts next time. Doesn't that sound good?

      Delete
  3. Thank you! My two and a half year old is gluten free and she misses cookies so much. I've looked all over trying to find a recipe that doesn't involve a million exotic ingredients or peanut butter (she's allergic). I just made a batch and we'll be testing them out as soon as they cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to know if they turned out for you!

      Delete
  4. Thank you! My two and a half year old is gluten free and she misses cookies so much. I've looked all over trying to find a recipe that doesn't involve a million exotic ingredients or peanut butter (she's allergic). I just made a batch and we'll be testing them out as soon as they cool!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...