We love these cookies! In the past my almond flour cookies have come out flat, but not these babies! They are chewy and truly gooey.
For those who have dietary restrictions: They are gluten free, grain free, dairy free and low sugar. If you replaced the chocolate chips with raisins they would be really healthy!
Chewy Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/2 cups almond meal. I used Trader Joe's.
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup coconut oil - in a solid state
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup honey
1 cup of chocolate chips, raisins, cranberries, whatever you like!
1. In a seperate bowl mix the dry ingredients - almond meal, salt and baking soda.
2. Whip your solid coconut oil. (since it's summer I had to refrigerate the oil ahead of time until it was solid.) You want the consistency of whipped butter. Add your egg, vanilla and honey.
3. Add dry ingredients and chocolate chips.
4. Scoop big balls onto greased pan, bake at 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes.
5. Cool completely before eating. I refrigerated mine until they were cold. They might be too crumbly otherwise. Enjoy!!
This recipe is so easy your toddler can do
half some of it! (provided you like messes!)
And your baby can happily watch!
We baked these before we went to the river beach, and enjoyed them when we got home. My husband loved them!
"More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance,
and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not disappoint us, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit which has been given to us." - Romans 5 3:-5