September 24, 2012

Well, Excuse me!

 Hello! 

Please excuse my absence over here! 

I haven't been too busy, or sick with a pregnancy or moving or anything like that! Just plain 'ol uninspired. I have not had the motivation or excitement to cook or experiment with anything  in the kitchen - in fact, I dread being in the kitchen these days. And that's ok! I joke that as soon as I started a food blog I didn't want to cook anymore, and that's very close to the truth. 

So it's not a food blog anymore. It's going to be a "whatever is interesting at the moment" blog - or else it might sit here forever!

Being a stay at home mom is really hard sometimes - this blog has been a helpful outlet for me, easing the drudgery of day to day life and giving me a little to look forward to. Toddlers sometimes, just sometimes make you go a little crazy staying home everyday!

Now that the weather is turning don't you feel like sewing  and crafting? Im getting there - as soon as my children get over the flu and my husband gets home from traveling we will continue on with our lives! 

Now for a little glimpse into what we've got going on (or hope too, anyways!):



1. My daughter loves Cinderella and this tutorial looks almost too easy to pass up! If I can find some blue fabric on sale I think I will make this for her halloween costume. I can just picture the immense joy this dress will bring her. Little girls are too much fun.

2.  Homemade deodorant. This recipe rocks. Regular deodorant causes me to break out (not to mention the link to breast cancer, ewww) and natural deodorant doesn't hold a finger to this stuff. I love it, and you can make it smell great with essential oils - can't wait to whip up a new batch. :)

3. Almond Flour Pizza crust. Doesn't that pizza look delicious? I have been craving a good pizza and Domino's gluten free pizza doesn't really cut it - not to mention all the starches, rice flour, sugar, Avicel and Calcium Propionate in it. What is Avicel anyways? I tried googling it to see and couldn't really find anything about it? straaange.

4. Ever read "He Leadeth Me" by Fr. Walter Ciszek? It's this priest story of surviving a communist labor camp for 15 years I think? I just started it and have heard great things about it. Im hoping it will be inspiring - because it's not just my cooking that has been blah lately - my spiritual life is sorely lacking. I don't feel like praying, I don't want to pray and it all seems so dry. I know times like these are a test and are supposed to be a gift - but I would love for God to take it back - it's a huge cross and struggle for me.  So what do you do when you feel spiritually dry?

St. Rose of Lima, Pray for us!
If anything, St. Rose of Lima's words have carried me through this evening, thank you St. Rose. You rock. 

"Our Lord and Savior lifted up his voice and said with incomparable majesty: “Let all men know that grace comes after tribulation. Let them know that without the burden of afflictions it is impossible to reach the height of grace. Let them know that the gifts of grace increase as the struggles increase. Let men take care not to stray and be deceived. This is the only true stairway to paradise, and without the cross they can find no road to climb to heaven”. - S. Rose of Lima

4 comments:

  1. I am glad to see you back. I really enjoy your blog. Also, you wouldn't happen to have that not really stuffing/stuffing recipe that clare makes on hand? with all the squash goodness? I am sure all will love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need that recipe! I hear it's to die for. Maybe I will call mom this week to get it. Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for popping by Sarah! So nice to know you were here. I'm trying to go to the link you posted for the homemade deodorant and can't get it to work. Is it an issue with my computer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are right, the link isn't working! Oops! Here is the proper link: http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/2008/03/update-homemade-deoderant.html

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...